What’s the goal? I mean what to put on it depends on what you want to get out of it.
If you just want hits then I dunno, cats with hats will probably do it. Or photoshopped pics of Kylie Minogue in suggestive poses. If you have a cause, a drive, something you need to say, then say it on your site. Chances are somebody else in this world of 7 billion people will share your interest. Unless you’re really wierd :o)
If you have an expertise, and it interests you, then share it. Someone out there will find it useful, unless, again, you’re really wierd. Personally, I know everything there is to know about various spanning tree protocol flavours. It’s dull as dish water to 99.9% of the population, and the other 0.1% of the population who either need to know about or are interested in it either know all they need to know, or have better resources available already. Hence, I don’t run a website about spanning tree protocol.
What do you twitter/facetube about? Anything worthy of it’s own website? There’s no shame in the answer to that second question being “nothing at all” by the way. Most of us spout tosh. You don’t really have to publish this on a website if you don’t want to.
You don’t need to have a website.