Is anyone planning to buy (or have already bought) the Elite Dangerous Premium Beta?
According to the website, you get :
“Get access to the first Beta stage of the game and help us shape Elite: Dangerous!
• Immediate access to Single Player Combat missions to develop your Sidewinder skills before the first Premium Beta build is released
• Automatic access all the Beta development stages
• Automatic access to all major downloadable expansion packs as they are released
• A download copy of the released game
The full Premium Beta will be available from 30th May, with access to the Single Player Combat build OUT NOW.”
For £100. If you buy the game on release and the DLC pass, the price total is £70. I am seriously thinking of getting this, if only because I want to make use of the Thrustmaster Warthog I bought a few weeks ago, specifically for Elite. The beta should give me enough time to very leisurely learn the game, learn to use the joystick, learn basic fighting manoeuvres, etc.
My questions at the moment:
- Has anyone in here participated in the Alpha and if so, what are your experiences?
- Is there enough content in the premium beta to justify the extra £30? I am saying extra £30 because this is the actual premium, since the game/DLC already costs £70 (which I treat as pre-ordering – a first for me).
- I don’t mind getting this directly from them, but what are the rumours about it being on Steam eventually?
Can you please convince me to / prevent me from getting this?